Economic Development Director
Job Title: Economic Development Director
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Ackley, IA
- Work with prospective industrial, commercial, and retail businesses to assist and encourage them to relocate or expand to Ackley and/or the surrounding Hardin County region.
- Work with current local businesses to assure that they remain in Ackley, that they remain viable, and when the opportunity arises, assist them in any future expansion plans.
- Raise funds through an annual capital investment campaign.
- Provide leadership and coordination to all ADC meetings and initiatives.
- Build relationships with local individuals, groups, organizations, committees, and governmental agencies whose goals are for the advancement of economic development, and enhanced quality of life.
- Attend meetings with local, regional, and state agencies to promote the community.
- Media relations: including newspaper press releases, radio interviews and social media management.
- Administer the City of Ackley’s Revolving Loan Fund to be used for business creation or expansion.
- Act as the main contact point for urban renewal attorneys to procure land sale documents, development agreements, and when needed, GO bond proceedings.
- Complete the Annual Urban Renewal Report and County TIF Certifications.
- Act as steward to the City website; suggest updates, and work with the web developer when members of the public have suggestions.
- Gain an understanding of state and federal grant and loan programs, and educate the business community on the benefits offered by community colleges and universities.
- Develop studies and surveys, gather data, and research trends to justify community initiatives.
- Valid Driver’s License Required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- A desire to learn.
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point. (Google Drive experience preferred.)
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Ackley, Iowa
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter (including recent salary history), and contact information for three professional references to either the following email or physical address. For best consideration, please submit your application by May 24th. If you have any further questions, please contact the Ackley Development Commission, using the contact information below:
Email: [email protected]
Contact: Dustin Ingram