Job Title: Planning Internship
Job Type: Flexible Schedule - Fall 2017
Location: Ankeny, IA
MSA Professional Services’ roots reach back to the 1930s. Once a rural land survey company, our firm now consists of more than 350 engineers, architects, planners, funding experts, surveyors, GIS experts, landscape architects and environmental scientists. MSA excels at helping clients identify grant and funding sources and then delivering high quality, cost-effective solutions. Based in 16 offices across six states, our technical teams collaborate to assist communities throughout the United States. Our focus is to enable people to positively impact the lives of others by providing exceptional professional services that build strong communities where we live, work and play.
MSA was named one of the best firms to work for by Zweig Group. Our purpose is to enable our staff to positively impact the lives of others. We’re proud that employees make MSA a career, not just a job. We enjoy helping our staff find and pursue their passions—even when those passions may not have a place in their original job descriptions.
We are currently looking for a Planning Intern for the fall 2017 semester. This is a paid position that will offer the opportunity to work with experienced professionals and gain valuable hands on experience! This will be a part time position of 10-20 hours per week and will allow the flexibility to work around your college schedule.
- Author documents for planning projects
- Create ArcGIS and Adobe Illustrator maps for engineering and planning projects
- Assist with engineering and planning public engagement activities
- Assist with the administration of CDBG/SRF funding for projects
- Assist with proposals and SOQ’s
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Community and Regional Planning required
- Junior or higher standing required
- 3.0 minimum GPA required
- Previous planning internship experience would be a plus
- Previous experience with Arc GIS and Adobe Create Suite preferred
- We are seeking someone with solid verbal and written communication skills with a desire to learn more about consulting
If you are looking for an opportunity to learn and gain valuable hands on professional planning experience-apply today with your resume and cover letter at www.msa-ps.com! MSA Professional Services is the perfect team, supportive environment that will allow you to learn and build on your coursework. Find out more about our fun work environment at https://www.facebook.com/MSAProfessionalServices or http://www.pinterest.com/careersatMSA! We offer holiday pay to student employees.
MSA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.