Community Development Associate Planner
Job Title: Community Development Associate Planner
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Omaha, NE
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE PLANNER
OMAHA-COUNCIL BLUFFS METROPOLITAN AREA PLANNING AGENCY (MAPA)
The Metropolitan Area Planning Agency (MAPA) seeks resumes from qualified planning and community development professionals to provide community and economic development, housing, and planning assistance for MAPA area communities. Specific areas of work include: grant writing and project administration; preparation comprehensive and strategic plans; drafting land use regulations; and implementing other community and economic development activities.
MAPA is the Council of Governments serving a five-county MAPA region (Douglas, Sarpy and Washington Counties in Nebraska and Mills and Pottawattamie Counties in Iowa). MAPA performs work related to planning, community development, and transportation and other issues of regional significance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Provide community and economic development, housing and planning assistance for MAPA area communities
● Employ methods of data collection, data analysis, and preparation of reports on planning and community development projects.
● Use knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of community planning and land use regulations.
● Work with local elected officials, state/federal officials and the public.
● Assist in the preparation and administration of Federal and State community development, housing, community and economic development, and transportation assistance programs.
● Conduct field evaluations and assessments.
● Bachelor’s Degree in community and regional planning, public administration, urban studies or a relevant degree and one to two years of direct or related planning and community development experience.
● Master’s Degree with a concentration in community and regional planning preferred and relevant experience is a plus.
● CDBG certification with the State of Nebraska is a plus
● Familiarity with planning, community and economic development programs, and project administration is a plus.
● Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to prepare and interpret quantitative data. Ability to work independently and with limited supervision, establish priorities, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines required.
● Good written and verbal communications skills and ability to work effectively with internal/external customers required.
The starting salary range for this position will be approximately $48,900+ DOQ. MAPA reserves the right to hire at an appropriate level. MAPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Position will remain open until filled. For more information on MAPA see our website www.mapacog.org.
Apply at https://careerlink.com/job/14252-14/