Job Title: Planner I
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Green Bay, WI
Bay-Lake Regional Planning Commission
The Bay-Lake Regional Planning Commission, a public planning agency serving an eight-county region in Northeast Wisconsin, is looking to hire a permanent full-time, entry-level planner. The chosen candidate will compile existing and projected transportation, land use, census, economic, housing, or other basic planning data; prepare preliminary drafts of studies and reports; provide technical assistance to other staff; respond to inquiries on planning related items; attend meetings, conferences and workshops; monitor federal and state legislation; and assist with writing grant applications. GIS, mapping, and graphic design skills are desirable. Starting date is flexible.
The Bay-Lake Region has 185 total local units of government, covers 5,433 square miles, has 400 miles of coastline, and is home to 587,282 residents. The Commission’s offices are located in Green Bay, Wisconsin. For more information about the Commission, visit our website at: www.baylakerpc.org. The Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
Annual salary will begin with a 6-month probationary salary of $44,469 that leads to $46,181 with possible future performance-based increases. Benefits package includes health, dental, life, and disability insurance; paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave; and participation in the Wisconsin State Retirement System.
• Graduation from a college or university with a Bachelor’s degree or higher in planning or in a specialty applicable to the planning function; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities;
• Knowledge of principles and practices of transportation planning for all modes of travel preferred;
• Knowledge of current methods and techniques used in planning or research studies;
• Ability to collect, summarize, and present data;
• Ability to establish and maintain an effective professional relationship with staff;
• Possess a valid driver’s license; and
• Have the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Application Deadline and Submittal:
To obtain an application, visit the Commission’s website at: www.baylakerpc.org or contact us at (920) 448-2820.
Completed applications, along with a cover letter, resume, and references, should be sent to the Executive Director at: Cwojtczak@baylakerpc.org or Bay-Lake Regional Planning Commission, 425 S. Adams Street, Suite 201, Green Bay, WI 54301, Attention: Cindy Wojtczak.
Application deadline is February 10, 2017.