Job Title: Planner
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Ankeny, IA
Snyder & Associates, Inc. works closely with clients to guide various public engagement and planning processes and produce concept and planning documents. This includes city or county-wide comprehensive, land use, annexation, neighborhood, corridor, transportation, bicycle/pedestrian, trails, and strategic plans. We also review and write codes and ordinances and recommend policy changes to help our clients achieve their goals. We are hiring a Planner to assist with these efforts in our Planning Practice.
The Planner will be responsible for developing and executing public engagement strategies, researching and analyzing demographics and census data, drafting goals and objectives, writing all types of planning documents and grants, developing exhibits, creating charts and graphs, preparing maps, designing graphic communications, and offering creative and innovative ideas for communities to improve public health and wellness, quality of life, and economic prosperity. The successful candidate will work well in a team environment and strive to anticipate next steps for projects and for clients.
The Planner will also assist with scope development for proposals, client coordination, and maintaining and growing client relationships.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Community and Regional Planning or related field.
Key competencies and skills include:
- Microsoft Office 365 required
- AICP or AICP Candidate preferred
- GIS skills preferred
- Graphic design skills preferred (Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively develop and implement professional presentations both internally and for clients
- Demonstrated abilities in plan and report writing, briefing notes and related documentation
- Manage own assignments within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables
- Experience working with a variety of staff and providing technical expertise and support
- This role calls for a person who is comfortable interacting and collaborating with a wide variety of internal and external team members. Must regularly demonstrate strong personal characteristics including: team player, individual contributor, reliability, honesty and approachable.
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Demonstrated strengths in delivering presentation material
- Strong skills in interpreting local, state and federal regulations
- Strengths in analytical and problem solving capabilities, attentive to details and astute observational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
EOE / AA / E-Verify
Please apply through the website: https://jobs-snyder-associates.icims.com/jobs/1298/planner/job