Job Title: Planning Administrator
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Lafayette County, Missouri
The Planning Administrator is a highly responsible, at-will executive position reporting to the Presiding County Commissioner and serves as a member of the administrative management team for the County Commission. The Planning Administrator is responsible for directing and managing the activities and operations of the Planning and Economic Development Department, which includes current and long range planning, permitting, and economic development.
- Assume full management responsibility for all of Department services and activities, including supervision of support staff;
- Implement the Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Code;
- Coordinate with other County staff and elected officeholders related to Department functions or as directed by the Presiding Commissioner;
- Assist with the development and implementation of an economic development program;
- Process development review applications and present to elected and appointed bodies;
- Prepare planning studies and staff reports;
- Oversee and participate in the development and administration of the Department’s budget;
- Represent the Department to administrative staff, elected officials, the Planning Commission, the Board of Zoning Appeals, as well as other groups, and outside agencies, and coordinate assigned activities with those of appointed boards, other groups, outside agencies and organizations; and
- Respond to and resolve citizen inquiries and complaints.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in planning, urban planning, or a related field. Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in planning preferred.
- Prefer three to five years of full-time increasingly responsible professional planning experience. Supervisory or management experience a plus.
- Possess current AICP (American Institute of Certified Planners) certification or ability to gain AICP Certification.
- Possess, or obtain upon hire, a Missouri driver’s license.
- Must reside within the Lafayette County within six (6) months of hire.
Please e-mail your resume to:
Lafayette County, Missouri