Planning and Community Development Director
Job Title: -
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Bondurant, IA
The City of Bondurant, Iowa is accepting resumes until 4:30 p.m. on March 29, 2019 for the position of Director of Planning and Community Development. Salary range from $58,000 to $72,000. A quickly-growing community located in the central Iowa, Bondurant has a population of approximately 7,000. This position will be appointed by the City Administrator. The position is responsible for planning and community development related operational and policy analysis through public contact, research and analysis, written reports, and presentations. The successful candidate will have strong planning background, project management, community engagement, and leadership qualities. Additionally, the following qualifications are required:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in planning, landscaping architecture, or related curriculum.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a closely related position is required.
- Experience specific to annexation, comprehensive planning, and infrastructure planning as well as successful grant writing is strongly preferred.
- American Planning Association Certification.
- Must be able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and the public.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Full position description available at: www.cityofbondurant.com. Resume and cover letter that includes requested starting salary level, should be submitted to (electronic submittals preferred) by 4:30 p.m. on March 29, 2019:
City of Bondurant – Marketa Oliver, City Administrator
200 2nd Street NE
Bondurant, Iowa 50035