Planning Intern - City of Newton
Job Title: Planning Intern - City of Newton
Job Type: Full Time - Temporary
Location: Newton, IA
Summer Planning Internship Available!
City of Newton, Iowa
The City of Newton, Iowa, is an innovative and exciting community located in central Iowa, approximately 35 miles east of Des Moines. Newton has a summer internship available in the Community Development Department.
Perform common daily functions within the Community Development Department and work on special projects as assigned.
Exciting Projects Available to Work On: The Summer Intern will have the opportunity to work on the following:
- Process a case for either the Zoning Board of Adjustment or Planning and Zoning Commission from start to finish, including a presentation to the appropriate board
- Assist with review of Site Plans and Building Permits for Zoning Compliance
- Assist with review of Sign Permits
- Assist with Historic Preservation Commission
- Assist with the Rental Inspection ProgramIn addition, the summer intern would have the opportunity to propose a planning or community development project that would be of particular interest to him/her, if desired.
Qualifications:Any student currently pursuing or is interested in pursuing a degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Public Policy, Landscape Architecture, or similar area of study is invited to apply.
Terms of Employment:Hours: 10-20 hours per week
Duration: 8-10 weeks, schedule is flexible
If you are interested in applying for the summer internship with the City of Newton, please complete the online application at www.newtongov.org under “I Want To: Apply For:”, which also requires a submittal of a cover letter and resume by April 15, 2019.
If you have other questions, Erin Chambers, Community Development Director, may be reached by phone at 641-792-6622 ext. 25 or by email at [email protected].
Hourly Wage: $12.00