Research & Innovation Office Director
Job Title: Research & Innovation Office Director
Job Type: Full Time
Location: St. Paul, MN
How would you like to provide leadership and managerial direction for Minnesota’s Office of Research and Innovation? As the Research & Innovation Office Director, you will lead and encourage creation and implementation of innovative practices; and develop, deliver, and provide statewide strategic direction for transportation research investments for Minnesota’s Department of Transportation (MnDOT). Additional responsibilities will include:
- Managing the operations of the Research Services, Library, and Innovation sections of the Office.
- Advising the Commissioner and senior leadership on strategic research investment choices, the need for new research programs, and the progress of current research programs.
- Advising and providing staff support for the Local Road Research Board.
- Representing the Department in international, national, and regional research and innovation organizations and relationships.
- Building and cultivating relationships with research and innovation institutions and organizations to maximize benefits to achieving the MnDOT mission and vision.
We are driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota’s nationally recognized transportation system. We work to build the best team in the transportation industry to ensure that Minnesota thrives with a safe, sustainable and leading edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, each driven by challenging work and motivated by the greater good. You will understand the impact of the work you are doing and be able to see the benefit you are providing to the citizens of Minnesota. You can set your sights high and use your strengths to grow within the organization. MnDOT offers superior health and retirement benefits as well as a solid commitment to work-life balance, which provides you the tools to thrive both at work and outside of work.
How to Apply by 1/14/2019:
1. Go to mn.gov/careers and click “External Applicant – Search for Jobs Now”.
2. Using the keyword search box type in, 28949.
3. Select the job title, review the posting, and then click “Apply” at the bottom of the posting to start your application.
4. When prompted for your Referral Source, list "Other – APA/IA".