Senior Urban Planner
Job Title: Senior Urban Planner
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Des Moines, IA
Bolton & Menk has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Urban Planner to join our well-established and growing team. This position will be located out of our downtown Des Moines office location.
This is a newly created position that will lead our Municipal Planning Services for our Iowa Services Area. In this role you will provide project management and support to other Project Managers for services related to municipal planning; metropolitan area comprehensive plan development; and land use analysis and impacts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Urban and Regional Studies; Urban Planning; Geography; Public Administration or other applicable discipline from an accredited college
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of progressive planning experience, including experience through the previous metropolitan area comprehensive plan cycle
- AICP Certification strongly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of comprehensive planning for municipalities in the Des Moines metropolitan area and surrounding communities including experience through the previous metropolitan area comprehensive plan cycle
- Experienced in citizen involvement techniques and processes
- Thorough knowledge of urban planning and development and local government policies and procedures
- Experience researching methods and statistical principles related to urban growth and development
- Applied knowledge of methods and techniques of effective technical report preparation and presentations
- Ability to work well within a team atmosphere
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Travel will be required.
Bolton & Menk is an EEO/AA employer.
Please apply by following this link: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1828328&B_ID=83